The Art of Visibility


The Art of Visibility
September 14, 2017
For this particular reading, "Visibility", I appreciated not only its' content, but also its' context. I believed that Dante's way of explaining imagination basically was a bit over the top when he wrote how maybe imagination is just images sent from the heavens, although imagination is almost magical and it has its’ own little world that we all contain whether we are controlling it or not. Aside from that, I absolutely loved the explanation of the two types of imagination and visual images where either a word is read then the image appears, or vice versa. As I was reading how imagination acts as our "inner world", all I could think of was, "absolutely, but what about it?"  It was funny to see how Dante delivered the process of imagination and fantasized it to a certain degree. Imagination is definitely a gift that comes along side of the brain because the human mind is incredibly powerful, it's almost crazy to try to make sense of it at a certain point.


     Although I do like this article and I do agree with much that was said, I got bored with it and did not have much thought about it or it's explanations to be honest. I began to enjoy the reading at the beginning of it but lost the thought throughout the end a little bit. The reading did open my mind more than it already was and I think these articles throughout the year will continue to do so for me. Art is pretty wild and you need to have a certain ability to grab a visual directly from imagination and put it down on paper or whatever the supply may be. The stronger your visuals from your imagination are, opens up a whole new world of art to be made and that's really important for the society we live in today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3D Printing

Visual Analysis

Time and Imagination